Monday, April 30, 2012

She laid me down, the Queen of Spades.

Oh my God, Janitorial work is SHIT.
I really thought I could think of it as just a job to get by and not worry about how low/gross/trashy it is.
But I hated it.
And I don't know if I can continue.
I told my Supervisor (an old friend that I have worked with previously) that I didn't know if I was really cut out for this job.
She told me everyone is overwhelmed at first and that I need to give it at least a month.
I will likely blind myself with a spray bottle of glass cleaner before a month is up.

It is my first day at Subway tomorrow.
I'm really hoping that goes better.

I wanted to go to Yoga tonight, bought my ticket and everything, but I ended up having to work the janitor job instead.
And I have to do the janitor job every Monday for the next month, so no Yoga for me. :(
I was up at 4:50 am to be at work at the gym at 6 am, for a really long 7 hour shift.
So needless say I'm a little tired.

I did however, make a pretty yummy concoction for dinner.
I made Moroccan Tagine with Spring Vegetables from Vegan with a Vengeance, served over couscous.
It was a bit time consuming to prepare, but not in a labour-intensive way, and even N said it was pretty good.
Although she is partial to anything served with couscous - she loves that stuff!

You might all remember my binge episode earlier in the week, on the absolutely delicious chocolate chunk vegan banana bread I made out of our black bananas, the remainder of the Easter chocolate, and a box of Peach-Yogurt LifeStyles cookies
It wasn't the worst binge I have ever had, not by far, but it felt pretty crappy.
I admitted to a friend who I ran into while grocery shopping for fruit/veggies (we were almost out and that's part of the reason I binged on the other stuff) that I had eaten nothing but cookies all day.
In a humorous manner, of course. Never take yourself too seriously, right?
She said: "I am really amazed at how much weight you've lost lately. One day of cookies isn't gonna screw it all up."
I decided at that moment that she was right, and I was going to keep it at one day of cookies and get back on the healthy train.
And I did it.
Somehow this feels like a momentous achievement.
Like, I chose to beat that binge.

My weigh-in this week was not a huge drop like I have been seeing in past weeks; due to the binge, obviously.
Although I did give in and weigh the night after the binge, so about 24 hours after I was done, and I was only up from 114.7 to 115.9.
That's hardly ANY binge weight, if you ask me.
And now I am down to 114.1 again, so I suppose the one day of cookies really didn't undo all my efforts.

Well, that's about all I have time for right now.
I hope everyone else's day went better than mine did today.
And I hope my day tomorrow goes better.


1 comment:

  1. You're doing so well!! Keep up the great work, okay?
    Stay strong<3

    ReplyDelete

Whatever did become of all my friends?