I haven't been perfect: I'm pretty sure I consumed 2 fried eggs over the course of the month, and once when out I had to get a yogurt parfait (Starbucks is not the most vegan-friendly and I needed something substantial). At first I continued to have milk in my coffee from Timmy's, but now I just get it black.
Overall I feel good about how well I've done.
I've stuck to this for longer than any other crazy diet/lifestyle change that I've done before.
I know I will slip up occasionally, whether knowingly or unknowingly, and I'm okay with that.
It's the intention that's important.
Besides, it's about my health and well-being anyhow, not animal rights or anything. To me, that's just an added bonus.
I feel much cleaner on the inside now. Not so groggy feeling and definitely I am having less digestive issues.
I think I maybe farted 3 times in the entire month? ;) Seriously, you give me a slice of cheese on a sandwich and I am stinking up the room for 2 days. NOT COOL. Same deal for baked goods/junk food.
Eating clean is worth it if only for the reduction in embarrassing body functions.
I've also lost 7 lbs. WHOOT!

That's awesome for you! I'm a pescatarian, for the sake of sushi, but I mostly eat vegan. I want to be 100% vegan, but it's so hard to give up cheese! I don't know how you do it!
ReplyDeleteWell done! That's a huge achievement. You know what they say; eat clean, feel clean.
ReplyDeleteYour sushi looks delish by the way xx
Congrats!!! :) You're going so well, I'm so glad you're already feeling the heath benefits. Loving your attitude to 'perfection' too- it's about the long haul and consistency over perfection. Keep up the great work hun xxx
ReplyDeletegood job! one month steady. *high 5* welcome to the club. the few, the proud-- the vegans. i think that's how that saying goes. :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the loss, on the veganism, and on that DELICIOUS looking sushi!
ReplyDeleteYou're doing so well. :)