127.4 to 128.
It's an insignificant amount. It means nothing. I shouldn't care.
Tell me not to care.
If you are following my blog, please leave me a comment and let me know.
Blogger is still fucked up and won't let me see my followers. Always comes up as a blank page.
But apparently there are 7 of you! I want to make sure I am following you in return. ;)
Made the Red Lentil Dal from THH tonight.
It was okay, I thought it was a little bland, but the biggest kid, N, really liked it. Said it ranked up there with her favorite meals of all time (Pizza, Perogies, Tacos, Butternut Squash Soup). Then said "Wait, this doesn't have meat in it? I thought there was meat in it!"
Silly girl.
The only issue I had was that once I added the lentils & broth to my pot, it stuck to the bottom and I had to scrape it up and off with my wooden spoon as it was cooking. Maybe I had it on too high heat? It didn't really have much effect on the taste though, and it did scrape off easily enough that I wasn't scraping burnt crap off the bottom of my pot when I was washing it out after.
But weird - I rarely burn stuff!
Random Question:
I just noticed today that we (the girls & I - but the kids only due to the fact that I set the table - so I guess only I) always eat with dessert forks. I was washing out my cutlery holder yesterday and took out all the regular dinner forks, and they just looked so huge and awkward! We only use them if all the little forks are sitting dirty in the dishwasher. Anyone else eat with dessert forks?
I also use the small spoons for everything except soups, and smaller plates for meals. I use the Corelle dishware (hey, we can drop them and they don't break! We are a little accident prone around here...), and use the middle-sized salad plates that are 8 1/2 inches in diameter.
My Dishware. I know it's tacky but I love it. <3
...and now I am thinking that I need more matching mugs. I only have 4. I want order 4 more light green ones. The online shopping addiction rears it's ugly head again. :(


DON'T CARE!!! It's HALF a pound. Seriously nothing. Thats like a glass of water. Stop fretting over stupid little numbers. It'll do your head in.
ReplyDelete& about the food, I'd say too high a heat and not stirring often enough. Also it may have to do with your pot- is it copper bottomed by any chance? cause that will make your life harder. Good pots/pans make cooking *SO* much easier.
I always eat with dessert forks. They fit my mouth better. And I use teaspoons- always have. I even got an expresso spoon for cute little desserts. I just love the little things.. can you blame me? they're just darling!
All the best xxx
p.s. I can see your followers, they are yours truly, Miranda @ Numbers Game, Julie, Fragile Heart @ Fragile Feathered Girl, J. @ Eat that Cherry!, Olivia @ Mirrors to my soul, & Seeking Something Else
Wait a minute, NOW I CAN SEE MY FOLLOWERS!
ReplyDelete...I hate blogger.
You shouldn't care but I totally understand why you do. It sucks!!! This whole caring about minute increments of pounds. Well, it's a small amount. Should be fixable. I hate blogger too sometimes...right now it's okay for me/
ReplyDeleteI prefer salad forks over regular dinner forks. You're they seem gigantic.
ReplyDelete