Saturday, February 25, 2012

This is all I can take

Today was pretty average. Trying to eat healthy. TRYING to eat when my stomach is gurgling.
But I am still counting calories and they are still coming in too low.

Today I ran 2 parties. The first one forced cake on me. Literally handed me a piece and said: "Here, you'd better eat this."
Like seriously. Do I LOOK like I need cake. Doubtful.
Next time I have a plan. I can't eat gluten. NEW SUREFIRE EXCUSE. I can't believe I didn't think of it before.

I didn't do much exciting in the way of food/cooking today. There was a sleepover at our house last night, so I made the girls waffles for breakfast. I always make a half batch so that we'll only have 4 or 5 waffles, and the kids finished those all off. I usually freeze leftover waffles and then they become "toaster waffles" for later. If I can refrain from ingesting the bugger, of course.

Then they had good old KD for lunch, which I detest and do not find the least bit tempting.

I did fruit and yogurt for breakfast and half of a quick avocado-veggie sandwich for lunch. I was feeling a little hungry before the 1st party and wanted to up my energy so I could keep up with the little twerps.
Then the cake. :S
Then ran home (well, walked home. Didn't actually literally run, being the lazy beast that I am), grabbed more coffee. Walked back for the next party. Cake-free. ;)
Home again, cleaned up the ginormous mess the girls made in my absence, and dragged them off to subway. Kid's meal veggie delight sandwich with no cheese and Sweet Onion sauce (I seriously ADORE that stuff).

So I am sitting at about 800 calories for today. No exercise so to speak, other than shoveling snow for 20 mins this morning, and running around playing "What Time is it Mr Wolf?" with party kids. Hardly counts.
I am feeling a little hungry now, though. I might have an apple and some green tea before I crash.

Here's a pretty photo of yesterday's dinner:
Hawaiian Chickpea Teriyaki (from THH)

I added red bell peppers to the chickpeas as well as mixed some pineapple juice into the teriyaki sauce. I omitted the both the sugar and the hot sauce (no go when feeding the kiddos, and I tossed mine out as I found it moldy in the fridge last week.)
I made my own mango-pineapple salsa to go on top. I didn't have any cilantro - I refuse to pay $1.99 for a little packet of fresh herbs at the grocery store. I can't wait for spring/summer when I'll have fresh herbs in my garden again for free!
I would make this dish again, it was quite flavorful, and both my girls like teriyaki, so it went over okay with them. I asked the littlest one to stir the chickpeas and teriyaki sauce together before we starting heating it up, and she kept licking the sauce off the wooden spoon.

Here she is helping make freezer meals. <3

I love my babes. :)

That's all for now, no deep realizations to share today. I'll try for tomorrow.
Night all, keep healthy & safe. I'll try too. 

2 comments:

  1. Your daughter is GORGEOUS! :) I love that you can get them to help out in the kitchen, it makes the best memories.
    & I say incidental exercise is still exercise! If it raises your heart rate then it's exercise.
    I hope you feel better soon, trust your body- you can do this xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete

Whatever did become of all my friends?