Wednesday, February 08, 2012

When I return to her I find...

I started off pretty miserable this morning. That tired, unenergetic, can barely drag yourself out of bed tired. You know, the kind of fatigue you get from not feeding yourself enough.

I had a bowl of oatmeal with some applesauce, rhubarb, and cinnamon, and I perked up immensely. Still stayed home all morning and played on Pinterest, though. It's my new obsession. I was just surfing it now and came across these dresses on modcloth:



What do you think? I am not a fashionista, that's for sure, but my friend is getting married in August (it will be a scorchingly hot outdoor wedding, most likely), and I will need something to wear. I am hoping to weigh 112 lbs or less by then.

Took my babe (well, she's 3 actually, but always my babe!) grocery shopping this afternoon; we went to a different store than we usually do because I wanted to go to the Dollarama store out that direction. There's only 3 grocery stores to choose from in this town, you know. So I was shopping around, and I found KALE!
Now, I haven't ever seen it in the store I usually shop at. I was so excited, because I've just been reading about the awesomeness of KALE CHIPS. Needless say, it was put in that cart pronto!

Tried the Kale chips with dinner. Forgot to take a pic (who woulda thunk?), but I think I overcooked them a little, because they tasted kinda smoky and charred. They were still edible, but not a good thing, really. I also sprinkled them with salt and pepper before baking, and I think the salt was too much. I never put salt in/on anything, but I was trying to keep with the whole "like a potato chip" idea. Next time I won't, I'll just use pepper and maybe some other spices. Lemon pepper might be good on them. And I'll cook them less... I plan on trying them out again tomorrow night. ;) Their crispyness was unlike anything I've ever tasted before - they almost shattered and melted in my mouth. I really liked that part about them.

Went to my ab strengthening class tonight. I don't know, I didn't sweat much and didn't feel like I was working all that hard. But I did complete pretty much all the exercises we were doing - I wasn't wimping out. I worry that my body is preventing me from exerting myself too much because of all the restriction I'm doing.
Gym day tomorrow, I have to do a full 90 minute strength workout. I have been too slack lately.

1 comment:

  1. Both of those dresses are lovely by the way. The polka dot one is a bit more timeless, and the blue more trendy, so it depends on what you're going for I suppose.

    Kale chips are awesome when you get them right! Did you look up any recipes? There's tons online, and that might help you on your second trial...

    ReplyDelete

Whatever did become of all my friends?