Monday, March 05, 2012

I forget when words were only words

110 lbs or bust.
My mind is so messed up right now.
I wanted to make this more of a foodie blog and less of an ED blog.
Or not.

intake: 345 cals
output: 360 cals

Dinner tonight was a low-cal flop. I tried this carrot-miso soup.
We like butternut squash soup a lot around here (and I have had an okay reaction to carrot soups), and we also are a little obsessed with all things sushi/Japanese, including miso soup.
So why not combine them?
Sounds good in theory.


Well, I cut down the amount of miso in the recipe, but it was still WAY too salty/miso-flavored.
I won't be making this one again. Both the girls went to bed because they didn't want to eat it.
I finished my serving, but only because it was 80 calories that I was REALLY needing to consume today.
Served it alongside kale chips (which I can now cook perfectly without burning!) and roasted cauliflower, which was not as crispy and crunchy as I was hoping for.
Really, I kinda failed at the cooking thing today.

I did however, completely abstain from the pizza served at lunchtime.
And drank black coffee instead.

Went ice skating for a little bit, but I'm not very good at it.
Most of the time was spent pushing A around with the metal bar skate-aid. She gave up pretty quickly, too.
I'd guess about 20 minutes skating in total? I'm counting it as exercise, but I didn't work up a sweat.
Did the 30DS L1, followed by 38 min wiiFit exercises (apparently burning 108 cal, I find this hard to believe).

Now I am hitting my bed hard and hoping to sleep in a little in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. I just made pumpkin & miso soup but found the same thing with the salt- you only need to add a tinyyyyy bit! we're still eating it though... the next batch will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You abstained from Pizza. You are my hero. I'm way to week to ignore pizza.

    ReplyDelete

Whatever did become of all my friends?