Here's my flowers. Tulips. They make me smile.
Yay for images now working - strange blogger glitch I suppose.
Unfortunately I'm still not able to see my followers.
2 of my cookbooks arrived today - the
Happy Herbivore Cookbook and
Vegan with a Vengeance. I've flipped through the latter a little and read the intro, but I plan on spending some more quality time with them tonight, and tomorrow while I am bored at work. ;)
I did pretty much follow the recipe for pizza dough found in Vegan with a Vengeance, though, for our homemade pizzas we had tonight. I was very brave making pizza. I ALWAYS binge with pizza. Whether it's a frozen Delissio, Panago's, or healthy homemade - doesn't matter - it seems to be a trigger food for me.
But N asked for pizza, so pizza I had to give. The crusts turned out really good, more fluffy than my usual ones. I usually buy the Pillsbury dough, split it in half, and roll it to death to make 2 thin-crust pizzas. These were better, I think, and comparable in calories. I'm thinking the difference might be that I just spread it out and stretched it with my hands, no rolling pin required.
Anyhow, I topped mine with a pesto made from basil, tomato paste, leftover roasted garlic from my soup yesterday, pine nuts, and a hint of olive oil. I also put on some spinach leaves, yellow peppers, red onions, and black beans. I didn't have any vegan cheese, and I doubt I would like fake cheese anyhow, so I just left it off completely. I'm used to putting very little cheese on my homemade pizzas anyhow. It was a totally weird combination but delicious nonetheless. It made a whole pizza, which I cut into 8ths and ate 2 slices.
211 calories for 2 slices of pizza. Not bad if I do say so myself.
I bought a LaraBar yesterday, the apple one. Saw it at Wal-Mart and thought I would try one, being that they are vegan and all. So I ate half yesterday (100 cals) and the rest this morning with my coffee. I like that they are so simple in the ingredients, and have been looking up recipes to make them myself. I might try that if I ever feel like I could do it without eating it all at once. I don't have that self-control yet. As soon as I start baking/making treats, you know a binge is imminent.
I'm exhausted, and I think our house may be falling apart. Found a nice wet spot on the carpet at the bottom of the stairs. I'm really hoping one of the girls just spilled a water bottle down there. I am too tired to deal with it now. Hopefully the towels soak it up and it doesn't re-occur.
So goodnight, and here's my fridge to see you off.
It's packed full of stuff, but most of it's pretty healthy.
Hope it's nothing serious with your house. Pizza is the ultimate binge food for me!! You did good.
ReplyDelete