I have been doing well, it seems. I am down 4 lbs after gaining over Christmas.
I was back up at 134 at one point over the holidays - now I am down to 127.
I am eating a fruit & yogurt breakfast most days (along with my coffee, of course), and have found that this tends to ward off my hunger longer than any other breakfast I've tried. Even more than my oatmeal mixed with 1/2 mashed banana - and oatmeal's supposed to be so filling! Whatever, I'll stick to what works for me.
I have been eating an apple every day, usually for lunch. Sometimes I even have 2/day. I read somewhere that they are good for your skin, and my face has been ridiculously dry and scaly. I have 3 patches on my right by my lip that have been dry since winter began about 3 months ago - Wearing makeup just makes them look more scaly, and like I have acne again. Which I don't. Not since the amazing fetal-killing medication ;). So I think this apple thing is working.
Along with taking vitamins (Centrum Forte, Calcium, Vitamin D, Vitamin C, & B75 Complex) every day and drinking 1 cup green tea everynight before bed. And being SURE to wash my face before sleeping. I have often been lazy in the past and just left make-up on, not bothered with cleaning. NO MORE. I am washing and moisturizing before bed every night.
But I think it is working; my scaly spots are not so scaly, although still a little red, they are now more easily hidden.
I am also in the process of becoming a little more herbivorous. I have an interest in veganism. I doubt I can completely convert, as I live in a houseful of picky eaters, and I really enjoy my skim milk in my coffee in the morning. Maybe cashew milk would taste good in coffee? I like cashews, although I worry about the calorie content in nut milks. And soy milk = nasty. I've tried, really I have. Just can't like the stuff. Also, my 35 calorie source yogurt cups cannot be replaced.
So I'll have to settle for NEARLY vegan.
I've been browsing vegan blogs and been considering buying some vegan cookbooks. Made 2 "vegan-ish" dinners: Yam Falafels (but I used regular skim milk instead of non-dairy, and plain yogurt instead of soy-gurt in the sauce, so really, not very vegan, but vegetarian for sure!) and today made Black Bean & Salsa Soup (but once again added a tablespoon of plain yogurt on top, so nix on the vegan, really).
I'm thinking about it though, and I like to cook 2 vegetarian meals/week at least. Have been doing that for awhile.
Plus, when making a hard-boiled egg for kiddo, one cracked under my grip. Rather than waste it I made myself a fried egg on half a slice whole wheat w/ lettuce & tomato. Figured protein = good. Still didn't fill me up like the fruit & yogurt though.
Daily totals are around 500-800 calories.
Totally rambling. <3 Don't you love how a week of good restricting makes you feel so goddamn cheerful
post scriptum
19 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment
Whatever did become of all my friends?