Thursday, July 11, 2013

Body and soul, I'm a freak

So, I've kinda cheated here a little bit.
I've lost 7 lbs.
I lost them overnight.
I had a hysterectomy to remove my uterus and accompanying ginormous fibroid tumor.
And while I was at it, we did a little nip and tuck (read: full tummy tuck with muscle repair).

This happened last Friday. I came home from the hospital Monday night, and have been sitting at home on the couch ever since.
I'm not in unbearable pain - the worst part is not being able to stand up straight.
Yesterday I had the drain in my abdomen removed and my bandages taken off. I'm just covered with tape now. And wearing the abdominal binder that I'm required to wear for about a month.
I haven't taken any close looks at the scar - I can't handle that. I just try to push it out of my mind.

I'm using this opportunity to relax and NOT WORK for 6 weeks. It's great.
Considering I have had a total of 2 days off since January.

I've also watched Forks over Knives and am converting to a plant-based diet.
I don't want to get sick, and I don't want to go get fat now that I paid for this tummy tuck.
That would be ridiculous!

3 comments:

  1. Hey girl! I hope you're recovering well from that. I've known several people that had that and it didn't sound fun at all. I wanted to follow you so can you pretty please put a follow widget on your page? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, fixed that. Something went wrong with the widget above and cut off everything below it. :S

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better soon and take full advantage of your time off. Take care of yourself hun.

    Congrats on your decision to follow a plant based diet! :) eating enough of the good stuff really makes you feel great, I hope you enjoy it! x

    ReplyDelete

Whatever did become of all my friends?